Monday, March 22, 2021

Los Agaves - Santa Barbara

Jumbo burritos, fantastic flavors, fairly priced. First meal in Santa Barbara and Los Agaves had me ready to relocate. 


The Agaves Burrito is full of buttery fish filets, battered and fried. Juicy shrimp add a spring to every bite, and there’s a side scoop of rice to catch the drippings. I’m not a sauce person, but that chipotle creme is crack.  

Even the salad is a stand-out. Mixed greens with orange and mango are made more memorable by a drizzle of dressing that I could have sworn had hints of passion fruit.


A tasteful red salsa encases a brick of a Burrito Mojado. By brick, I mean a belly-filling, soul-feeding, comfort-causing roll of steak
 n’ beans.


Four salsas for you to dip, four salsas for your chips. The black one is like a liquid mole but mild, the red is red, the pico is pico, and the green is tart avocado. 

The best dinner I had during my short stay in Santa Barbara, one of the best this month. I have much more to see in Santa Barbara, but I’m already plotting my return to Los Agaves. 
Los Agaves Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment