Monday, October 21, 2019

Ji Rong Peking Duck - Rosemead


Order your Peking Duck in advance. 


It's not cheap, but you won't regret a single bite of that skin. It's crispy, airy, melt-in-your-mouth-on impact, and it's not just on the breast, it's an entire duck of SKIN! The meat is tender, and the fatty oils keep it not so dense. Wrap it up with pancakes and add pinches of onion, hoisin, and cukes. They have the duck bone soup with an optional extra charge as well if you're into it. 


The menu is as comprehensive as it is versatile. Plenty of apps, and we start with duck parts as a preview. The Spicy Duck Heart & Gizzard is a cold dish with a kick. Lots of texture, both chewy and tender. I'd probably try something else next time, but I do love me some offal. 


Eat your vegetables. Sauteed Pea Shoots are garlicky and green, refreshing between bites of juice-dripping duck. 


The Shredded Potato with Jalapeno is another lighter dish, and the pepper sting makes you eat a little more. 

I leave satisfied and I depart disappointed. This menu is a collection of literally every delicious thing I've eaten in China, and the two of us just couldn't handle more. Go with a group so you can try a few more mains. Lamb skewers and a house special pancake are next on my list, but only if I can get past the lobster and hot and spicy fish. 
Ji Rong Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment