Monday, October 14, 2019

Elmer’s Diner - Palm Springs, CA


I liked the food a lot, but on a weekend, be prepared to wait. The turnover is fast and considering the line, you do get seated quickly. The service is brusque but not unfriendly, and the food comes out fast. 


I can’t believe I’ve never had a German Pancake. This crepe-thin egg-based, foldy, floppy wonder is literally the best breakfast food on earth, and the lingonberry butter is three scoops of awesome. The butter turns the powdered sugar into sweet goop, and the berry has a little tang to turn it up.


The Country Biscuit Breakfast is fun, but the biscuits could be more moist. The gravy is country and creamy, and I dig the hash browns and chicken apple sausage. 

Eat up, and eat up fast because they will passive-aggressively shoo you out. Our server asked to take our plates, which we were actively eating from, multiple times, and he dropped a check in my face while my husband was in the bathroom and I was sitting across from a plate that wasn't empty. Had we been sitting for more than 40 minutes total, I may have understood. That said, if Elmer's is the only place in town for German pancakes, I would still go back. But I would't stay any longer than I had to...and they wouldn't let me anyway. 
Elmer's Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment