Sunday, October 27, 2019

Dim Sum Bistro - San Francisco, CA


I've been to every Chinatown in every city, but there's never been one like this. The streets are wall-to-wall storefronts, little stalls selling fresh fruit, veggies, dried goods, and all sorts of take-away. It's all rather condensed, but if you didn't tell me where I was, I could be made to believe I was anywhere in China. 


Dim sum is a dime-a-dozen during the day. We mostly stumbled into Dim Sum Bistro because they at least have some seating. Small tables, some shared, but if you get the Shrimp and Chive Dumplings you wont' care about the seating. These crystal wrappers are study and thick, and they have the absolute best chewy texture. The Shrimp Hargow are just as good, and these classic Shumai carry a porky heft that leaves you food-coma full.


The Turnip Cake is on the lighter, more neutral side. It's among the better cheap ones. Skip the Pot Stickers. The filling is just okay. 


Sesame Balls and Peanut Mochi make the best desserts. There's a fluffy and light slab of rice cake too if you're looking for a less sweet and mildly salty mix. 

No basis for comparison, mostly praises for Asian brunch. I'd come back just for those shrimp and chive dumplings, even if it's the only place I ever see in Chinatown.  
dim sum bistro Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment