Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Ramen Hayatemaru – Torrance



I’ve talked about ramen from a bowl, and I’ve talked about ramen from a bag. The one thing I haven’t talked about is ramen from a bottle. 


If you’re into drinking soy sauce straight from the bottle, the Hokkaido Shoyu Ramen is the way to go. There’s so much soy sauce in this murky, disaster-of-a-bowl that you can’t taste anything else, including the savory Hokkaido broth. This stuff is truly for tourists. #stuffwhitepeoplelike


One spoonful of shoyu had me gagging, but the Hokkaido Ramen washed down the nastiness. This rich, thick liquid-pork is as authentic as it gets and definitely one of the best I’ve had. It may be too oily for people who aren’t used to it, but let’s just say this Asian has never had better. #stuffasianpeoplelike


Imagine the worst bowl of ramen ever, i.e. the shoyu. Now imagine the exact opposite of that and you have the Spicy Miso Ramen. The broth is thick with a seamless blend of fine grains of miso and spicy oil so smooth you’d think it came together. Sorry Santouka, I never thought I’d find a better spicy miso, but I think your time is up. #stuffallpeoplelike

No comments:

Post a Comment