Monday, April 11, 2011

Feedback Sandwich for 5 Napkin Burger - Boston


Something Positive: The service is good here, and the tater tots are phenomenol. A side dish with six little cylinders of crispy-on-the-outside with gooey, well-herbed thick mashed potato-like filling goodness. It was more like a fried mashed potato bite (like fried mac-n-cheese bites) that a tradition tater tot, and my life would complete if only they would sell it in the frozen foods aisle like Ore-Ida fries (only soooo much better than that!

Something Negative: Guys, I know it’s not about size, but when your pickle isn’t long enough, and your pastrami isn’t thick enough, and you’re too heavy on the sauerkraut, you’re in a bad place. Enhancements needed. HINTHINT.
Seriously, it’s ridiculous the fried pickles and pastrami appetizer should be nearly the same price as an entire burger when it’s literally 4 miniscule bites on a plate. The pickles and pastrami are good together, but it’s like the world’s tiniest sandwich minus the bread, and the overwhelming bed of sauerkraut it lies on masks the taste of well…everything but the sauerkraut. Fail.

Something Positive: I think they’re overcompensating for the appetizer with the burgers…My advice: split a burger. It frees you up to order one more dish to share, and I live my life by the rule that if you share the food, it has no calories. (The weight I gain is from lack of exercise alone, and don’t you dare burst my bubble!) The original burger is good. And huge. And good. My half of it completely satisfied my body’s love-hate relationship with greasy food without pushing me too far towards the hate side.
This is a great place to hang if you’re tired of Cheesecake Factory or PF Chang’s, and it’s better for grabbing a beer with the boys (and girls!). Come if you’re trying to please the picky eaters and/or burger lovers. Don’t order appetizers.

No comments:

Post a Comment