Thursday, February 9, 2023

Pho Hue Oi - Redondo Beach

It's down the street, it's easy to eat, and even Eater LA endorsed it. 




I was all ready to feel satisfied, but the disappointment became so clear. The P2. Filet Mignon Pho was supposed to be a favorite, but it certainly wasn't mine. The filet was fine, but this bare broth was light and thin. I liked Pho So 1 so much better. 

We also got a couple of sandwiches. Banh Mi Hue Oi with cured cold cuts and Banh Mi Bo Ribeye Beef Nuong. The bread isn't great, but the beef had a nice lemongrass flavor, and props for a housemade pate.

It'll do. I'd eat it, but I'd rather have another. I know I can't drive farther south than the South Bay for better sandwiches and pho, but I'll gladly drive a few streets over for someone else's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment