Sunday, February 26, 2023

Hurry Curry of Tokyo - Santa Monica

Hurry here to get your curry.


Fried Calamari is a crispy app,


comforting like these juicy pork Gyoza.

The mains are so varied, and each dish as distinct as it is devilishly delicious. 


The Tokyo Curry is a style I've never had, it's almost a stew of ground beef, significantly sweetened by coins of carrot. It's like no curry I've ever had, and I  have yet to see it elsewhere. Sub rice for spaghetti if you like that texture better, but this curry can do no wrong. 



Ironically their classic Chicken Cutlet Curry is my least loved, but loved all the same.  The breast filet is breaded to perfection, and the addition of eggplant is smooth like silk.


The Chicken Pasta feels like something I'm not supposed to like. The sake-marinated karaage is spectacular, and the stir-fry of mushrooms, onion, pepper and corn is great, but mix that up with their "secret" white sauce, which is morbidly mayo, and the result just can't be good, except it's amazing. 

Love this creative curry house, hate that it's so far away. They won't deliver to me, but it just might be worth the schlep to Santa Monica.

No comments:

Post a Comment