Friday, December 3, 2021

Top Shelf Tacos - Carson


I didn't expect to like this place, but Top Shelf Tacos are damn tasty!


The Burrito is a manageable size with a tortilla not so thick it conceals the filling, and this one has al pastor that has crispy edges like it was actually sliced off a spit. The rice and beans carry their own savor for a roll-up that doesn't lack flavor. 


No wraps for me, just a Protein Bowl with all the fixin's. I'm cool with carnitas, shredded pork simultaneously soft and fried over a bed of beans and rice. Even layers give you a little of everything in each bite, and the whole thing is just a big bowl of feel-good grub. 

The menu is simple, and I like the lack of anxiety. You pick your protein and you pick how you want it served, and they even have jackfruit if you want your veggies fancy. I didn't even think I'd like them, but they're like a less white-washed Chipotle with a lot more chill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment