Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Bistro Na's - Pasadena


Everyone knows that the taste of the Chinese food is inversely proportional to the quality of the service. If you want to know how good the food from Bistro Na tasted, let's just say the delivery person stood in my yard and shouted "WHO ORDERED CHINESE FOOD?" instead of looking for or knocking on my door. 


As predicted, the food was fantastic. Two warm platters, all the way from Pasadena. The first was classic Pork Belly, roasted red, liquid skin and slippery fat, dripping juices marbling meat. Shiitakes soak up a savory syrup and gush with each chew, texture tamed by firm chunks of braised bamboo.


I love a good plate of pork Intestine, but I understand it's not for everyone. I preferred the pork belly, but the intestine is no-regrets. Sauteed chewy with springy straw mushrooms, it's also crammed with cloves of laba garlic that add a sharp and sour pickled flavor to cut the fat.

Sometimes mother knows best. Mine knew I'd want Chinese comfort as I aged, and she made sure I had it on my birthday. Scheduled to arrive within a 4-hour window, hot food delivered, with flavors that deliver. I need to try more to learn more, but after this little sample, I am intrigued!

No comments:

Post a Comment