Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Taishi Hainan Chicken UPDATE - Redondo Beach


What's better than a box of Hainan Chicken? A PLATTER of hainan chicken!

I married a white man, and aside from me, his Asian obsession is this white chicken. He loves his hainan, and ironically, it was me who wasn’t all in. Steamed chicken can be as white-bread as it looks unless it's done right and steamed chicken is easily slimy with a minimal margin of error. Taishi’s chicken is juicy and tender without being mushy, and I even prefer the steamed to the fried. The garlic rice is great as well, and the sauces are not to be skipped. One is biting and sharp and full of garlic, and the other is a smooth and simple soy. 



The platter comes with some Chicken Soup, a clear broth meant to lead into the meal. I barely sample the soup most days, but this one is exceptional. It is so savory and so flavorful, a sip of a chicken's soul. I swear I could have had nothing else and this broth would have been enough.

The broth is great, and I’ve heard the five spice soup is even better. Setting that up for next time, which should be soon because aside from being extremely delicious, Taishi is extremely affordable. For a pretty healthy take-out option on nights you just can’t cook, Taishi can easily become a staple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment