Monday, January 18, 2021

Fatto a Mano UPDATE - Redondo Beach

Fatto a Mano, this fatto has missed you and all your carbs!


The Gnocchi is the carbiest of them all, little potato pillows with with a fresh slurry of Pesto.


Ribbons of Pappardelle get evenly coated with anchovy sauce. There’s extra surface area for the fish-oil to cling, and the flavor is both bold and fragile, a flavor-burst like roe. This sauce also has some serious spice so every bite will bite you back.


The Fettuccini is a smooth and silky, covered in a luxurious Bolognese. The bits of ground meat are juicy and incredibly tender, much fattier than your average meat sauce, with a tomato base that is on the sweeter side with a hint of tang.


The Spaghetti highlights some fresh, tender Clams. The brine is minimal, and with a simple toss of olive oil and parsley, the end product will dazzle.


My first encounter with Maccheroni and my first with the Porcini Mushrooms and Sausage as well. The tubes are floppy and ribbed, and the ends taper like the shell of a snail. I've never seen a pasta this pretty, especially when paired with mushrooms a and mild sausage. I love that this sausage gives the porcini a boost, yet the pork doesn't overpower. 

I don't know when I forgot, but I forgot how much I appreciate Fatto a Mano. The menu makes is all seem so simple yet the result is anything but. The flavors are robust, the sauces are hearty, and the pasta is perfection. Some Italians brought the best of Italy to Redondo, and I’ll be bringing that home as I can for as long as they’ll let me!

No comments:

Post a Comment