Friday, July 10, 2020

Little Shop of Mary - Torrance


Banh mi for me but only if I remember to order on weekdays between 10 AM and 3 PM. For these sandwiches, I’ll set an alarm.


They put a lot of work into their banh mi and it shows. Each sandwich is stuffed full of all the good meat. The Classic Cold Cuts is deceptively complex with slices of soft pork loaf and tender roasted pork, punctuated by occasionally crunchy head cheese and smooth, creamy-grain pate. Major props for making their own pate and head cheese. My only issue is that the bread is a bit too chewy and dry in places. I assume it happened in transit as a consequence of toasting so I hope my Doordash will dash a little faster next time. 


The Roasted Pork is slow-roasted and it shows. Super tender, sweet-meat finish, love the acidic onions and fiery jalapeño.


And how about that Lemongrass Beef? It’s sweet and pretty, and I dare you to tell me those neat little rolls don’t make your inner OCD go ahhhh...not that my photo captured it at all...

When it comes to Vietnamese food, I may not know authentic I do know delicious. Little Shop of Mary is at least one, and I don’t doubt the other. Seriously, set an alarm for a weekday. Lunch could be a real treat. 
Little Shop Of Mary Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment