Friday, July 10, 2020

Bombay Tandoori - Torrance


Indian food is becoming a quarantine craving, and Bombay Tandoori just happened to be on the South Bay bucket list. 

People have raved about their lunch buffet, so we decided to take their dinner for a spin. 


They make a soft Garlic Naan in a generous portion with an ample pungency. It’s perfect for mopping the gravy after the chunks of Chicken Tikka Masala are gone. This one is exactly what you’d expect - clean white meat in a smooth red curry.


The Shahi Paneer is my favorite texture, cubes of dense yet porous cheese in a lake of cream, sweetened by nuts and raisins.

My rule with Goat Curry is that if it’s on the menu, I have to have it. They cook their lean bone-in chunks to a gnaw-off-the-bone tender, and the curry is meaty and robust.

This works. This will do. If I want Indian food, this is the more generic takeout I would have has in mind. I did find the flavors a bit milder than what I have come to expect, and though nothing is reproachable, nothing really pops. Good but not so memorable, though I may be partly to blame for getting all my dishes mild. No regrets really, but I will order a little heat next time...if there is one. 
Bombay Tandoori & Banquet Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment