Saturday, July 4, 2020

Chicken Chick - Torrance


I don’t hate chicken but I don’t love it either. I’ve had some good chicken but rarely, if ever, has one of those cluckers left any sort of lasting impression.

I guess it’s all about what you do to it because I’ll never forget Chicken Chick. They have the seasoning down to an art.


The Koobideh Combination is a show of their skill, a nicely spiced beef and a chicken to ruin all chicken. This chicken is JUICY. Each ground granule is like a tiny poppin’ bubble of soup that explodes in your mouth. The first bite momentarily stuns the palate with pure delight.

Compare with the koobideh, contrast with the rice. Substitute Cherry Rice for basmati to get a sweet n’ fruity bed of buttery bits on which your kebabs can rest.


The Barg is a chunk-of-meat choice that you’ll be glad you made. You can see the glistening juices on this skewer of lean filet, and you can taste more bold, beefy flavor than half the “wagyu” you’ll ever try. It’s juicy with minimal grease, compact cubes of hard-hitting savor.


Hummus, an unsung hero. An appetizer that can do so much more. You’ll never go back to supermarket Sabra. This hummus has a consistency like a thicker slurry, and the garlic and lemon make the earthy chick peas pop. Spread it on and spread it thick -  it literally goes with everything.

Wow, I had no idea something this good existed. I’m not as familiar with Persian cuisine as I’d like to be, but I’m about to get a lot more friendly with Chicken Chick. And although I don’t have a lot to compare with, I can’t imagine anything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment