Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Night + Market Sahm - Venice

My first encounter with Night + Market was magic. Silver Lake may not be known for its parking, but even Michelin himself can't deny the Asian powerhouses along their main street. 


My lunch started exactly as I remembered, tender Pork Toro, grill lines busting at the seams, exploding with fatty juices and juicy fat. The chili dip adds the zing, acid to cut the gristle.


There's a lighter Nao Khao Tod, a crispy rice salad, to try. The sweet n' sour is bold, and the crispy ricelets cling to meaty cubes of soured pork.


I don't love the naming of the World-Famous Fried Chicken Sandwich, but it is undeniably delicious. I'm not sure if it's truly world famous, but the deep-fried dark meat is flavorful, and I do love the papaya slaw. The ranch dressing cools the burn and props for making your own.


There's a Pastrami Pad Kee Mao that begs to be tried, and I'm told its a signature dish. The noodles are great, and the components of the dish are made well, but the flavor profile is quite bizarre for me. I don't see these items going together, but I can still see a plate a like this being the best thing a drunk could eat or an instant cure for hangover. 

An enjoyable lunch for sure and far closer than Thai Town if you're craving the sweet and extremely spicy. Unlike most of Venice, the food here can be stimulating, and the menu won't wreck your wallet.
night +market sahm Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment