Monday, August 19, 2019

Gjusta - Venice

You think you're getting a light meal but be prepared. Portions are made for sharing, and there isn't a single item in those display cases that doesn't look fresh and amazing. 


I had to skip the cured meats and cheese, but I recommend you give them a try. Beet Salad will have to do. It looks like an app and salads like a side, but they're incredibly dense. The endives lighten it up a little bit, but the cream keeps it rich. 


Can't have the cured fish, but their grilled Salmon is the most amazing piece of cooked fish I've ever tasted. The fat melts between the flakes, and each bit is melt-in-your-mouth butter. The herbs are heavy with dill and the flavor combination is dazzling. 


The Gnocchi is all about comfort food, a gooey cream sauce encasing the softest little potato smiles. Chanterelles are so juicy, and the white wine and parmesan sauce has some garlic to make it pop.

I wish I could have tried more, and I've heard their roasted chicken is a must. Parking is a nightmare so if you live close enough, I imagine it tastes better on a couch with a side of Stranger Things. I'll be back someday soon, but only when I have time to search for street parking. 
Gjusta Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment