Sunday, February 11, 2018

Twisted Fork UPDATE - Reno

VACATION. The only thing I LIVE for. On vacation, I don't just survive, I THRIVE. I am only truly ALIVE when I am exploring a new world, never was the morning sky so blue, the sunset so bright in a crimson horizon... Said no millennial... EVER. 

Dramatic much? Enough with the BS. I hate being included in the tail end of that generation, ugh. But my travel bug is real; I just don't call it wanderlust. 

Whatever you call it, it is my time... My time off, that is, and it's time for an active siesta to Reno for a visit with a couple of my favorite grandparents. 

There is something sweet about experiencing their favorite Reno, something poetic about putting our feet in their shoes to walk their path through their beloved city. 

It's only our third visit, but we already have our favorites. Twisted Fork is a default lunch by now, though this visit we're eating light. 


The Tiger Shrimp Salad is a special, too special not to try. The shrimp is well-seasoned, southwestern style with black beans, corn kernels, and a softer gorgonzola. 


The Ceviche De Atun, an appetizer the size of a modest meal, is a heap of remarkably fresh tuna - swift shipping for an inland empire. The ponzu is more soy than sour, the avocado does well on top. 

We're hardly hitting the ground running this time around - this visit is more restful than run-around. It's the beauty of visiting a place more than once, and we savor it as our momentum builds. 
The Twisted Fork Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment