Sunday, February 18, 2018

Salt & Straw - Venice


This shop is like the Bernie Bott's every flavor beans of ice cream, minus the gross ones. Everything in here looks amazing, and their constantly-changing chalkboard boasts of ice creams in so many flavors, from the best of the classics to all sorts of creative. 


Sometimes you just want a good waffle cone filled with your favorite. The Salted Caramel with caramel ribbons isn't shy on the salt, and the salty augments the sweet. It's a manageable level of richness, a lap-of-luxury scoop that has you lapping up every scrap. 

I sampled the Olive Brittle Goat Cheese, and it was spectacular. The goat cheese is a sleek backdrop for salty hints of dark olive, a daring combination of creamy polish and robust boldness.


Like the olive, you have to be in just the right mood for the
24 Blackbirds Lavender Truffle. The chocolate is not-so-sweet, and the lavender exudes a ballsy fragrance.

The Avocado and Oaxacan Chocolate finishes earthy and damp. The avocado weighs heavy, blending with a somber cocoa. Together they brighten their darker notes, for a mix that reminds me of sunshine on grassy dew.

Salt & Straw, I knew I loved you before I met you. I forgive you for your line-out-the-door-at-all-hours Abbot-Kinney location, and I love all your creativity. The variety of never-seen-before flavors that make me say "WTF" in the best way possible is impressive, and believe me, I've seen a lot. Salt & Straw, you're a winner, keep winning.
Salt & Straw Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment