Thursday, January 12, 2023

Coppelias Bakery and Restaurant - Los Angeles


Tres Leches Cake is the legend, and I love the subtle perfection of this slice. It's sweet but it's balanced and it's so moist it tastes wet, like it's been soaked through with milk and sugar.


Bread Pudding
with a Peruvian fruit (I think it was lucuma?) is not my fave, but I'm glad I got to try it. There's a dense, bread-y quality added by the fruit, and it's a bit more mealy and savory than purely sweet.


The Flan is my favorite, a little bit of gelatin adds bounce to the texture. It's simple but simply perfect. 

If you're looking for a few bites, the sweet things here will satisfy. If you're looking to make a birthday memorable, the tres leches will transform it. There's a reason they've lasted so long in the brutal competition that is Los Angeles food, and if they can keep up that cake, I think they're there to stay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment