Wednesday, September 8, 2021

The Kettle UPDATE - Manhattan Beach

 

I liked it better last time, but I didn't hate it this time. 


It's my fault for not making better choices, but the Bananas Foster French Toast is all on them. Walnuts and banana sauteed in brown sugar sounds like a winner, but the walnuts are pretty raw, and, and the bread is extremely limp.


BBQ Pulled Pork Hash sounds like decadent fun, and the execution is pretty impressive inside a take-out container. Love the tater tots, and dumping some pork on top is a good idea. Break the eggs and give it a stir!


Sarah's Favorite...not my favorite. Not bad, though the fruit isn't very ripe.


The orange zest Muffin is nice, but I liked the blueberry better. That said, they still make a mean muffin here. 

No harm no foul. With a menu as myriad as The Kettle, what you order is so important, and it can be a hit or miss. At least at The Kettle, it's usually an even mix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment