Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Raising Cane's - Torrance

 


"Why is it that every time a restaurant opens, the entire South Bay has to go get it?"

My husband has a way of summarizing a situation in a single sentence. His ability is directly proportional to the absurdity of the situation with a rate of exponential growth. He said this as we sat in a 5-block line for Raising Cane's weeks after they dropped their fried chicken boxes near Hawthorne and Lomita. 


They have every permutation of tenders and fries available, just try to gauge your hunger. Their tenders are breaded crisp, their chicken is clearly all white meat, and the flavors are pretty good. Fries are an afterthought, and so is the slaw, but the slaw helps break up the carbs. Whatever, I'm just here for the Texas Toast: big, fluffy, buttery bread, good with chicken drippings, just fine to stand alone.

Is it good? Oh, yeah. It's the In n' Out of chicken tenders. Fast food of acceptable quality, made fresh because they can barely keep up with the daily demand. Good enough to stop a lane of traffic on a major Torrance highway? Nope, not at all. I like, I want, I will return when I want, but I will never have a want for this stuff that goes 30 cars and 3 blocks deep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment