Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Land Ocean - Reno, NV


Sooo...I guess I found my other favorite lunch spot. 


It's only a weekday lunch but they don't hold back the heavy hitters. That Macadamia Nut Crusted Chilean Sea Bass melts in my mouth like magic, and they do a nice job on the bed of rice and broccolini. I'm wary of soy-ginger glazes from any place that isn't Asian, but this one is okay. Its presence doesn't overpower all the others, and I can honestly say I don't hate it. 


They make a good burger too. The Mushroom Burger is covered with mushrooms and caramelized onion. Gruyere gets all over those burger bits as it melts.


Getting a dessert with lunch is pretty over the top, but so is the Banana Cream Pie. It's served in a skillet, and it's almost an entire sliced banana over a crazy-good custard on an oreo crust.

Way to make a first impression. Reno is a bit too inland to be known for its seafood, but Land Ocean seems to do well with both. Great food, pretty place, definitely worth another visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment