Monday, August 17, 2020

Bollywood Zaika UPDATE - Redondo Beach

Oops I did it again. 


I have NEVER ordered the exact same dinner two days in a row, but Bollywood Zaika's Butter Chicken is no mistake. My finger didn't slip on the Ubereats - I just had to have it again. So. Much. Cream. Unbelievable texture, gravy like silk. This is like the Harvard of butter chicken, go crimson!


The Palak Paneer again. The fenugreek adds a layer of depth to the flavor that spinach alone just won't do. I got it on a plate this time so there were some softer sides to for contrast. The Daal is a gentle lentil, little buttons of comfort and substnace. The Jeera Aloo has a little more oomph, spiced potatoes the color of the sun.


Here's an app I’ve never seen: Vada Pav.  A patty of spicy potatoes on a toasted bun parties with a chutney that kicks. It's like a veggie burger slider, but I've literally never had a meat burger that could beat this balance of seasoning.

You got me, Bollywood Zaika, you got me good. I can’t stay away, and for Indian food, I can no longer stray. I don’t know what kind of crack you're sprinkling on your spices, but keep doing it because whatever it is has got me hooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment