Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Waterbar - San Francisco, CA


They had me at dollar oysters. And I thoroughly enjoyed watching everyone else eat them. 


Actually, that really sucked because they were clearly amazing. But I did get the Oven Baked Oysters as a consolation prize, and they were actually amazing. The first cooked oysters I've actually liked since French Laundry. These oysters keep the flavor, and the texture stays tender instead of going to mush. The garlic butter highlights the sweeter notes, and you can't go wrong with some parsley and bacon. 


I think they called this giant thing a pancake. It's a mountain of fluff, and an order comes with two. Split this one if it's what you're feeling. A person can only eat so much dough. The stone fruit is great, though, and it fills a craving for the breakfast side of brunch. 

The oysters are fantastic, and the view is hard to beat. I'll come back when I can eat more seafood and I imagine I'll like it a whole lot better. They make good food - I just wish I could have tried more of their specialties.
Waterbar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment