Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Hangari Bajirak Kalguksu - Los Angeles


"Jody! Ask for more daikon!"
"Jodyyyyy...more daikon!"


I refuse to be a pregnant woman asking for more pickles. But the pickles are so good. Kimchee is a classic, but in case you haven't realized, the daikon is awesome. Goes good with some barley-rice. 



Steamed Dumplings. No spice and an absolutely mind-blowing mix of ground meat and veg, a flavor that puts half of San Gabriel to shame. Dip in lots of vinegar to make the savor pop. 


Busan Milmyeon comes highly recommended. Cold on a hot day, full of chewy noodles in a beef-based broth that burns so good. 


You get a side of Spicy Pork Bulgogi full of pork so flavorful you'll regret not ordering the full-size portion. 


A steaming-hot soup to balance the cold. Manila Clam Kal Guk Su is savory like the sea, and the clams are fresh and tender.


Check out the precision on these knife cut noodles. The texture is out-of-this-world. 


I know so little about Korean food and I want to know so much more. I have a bestie who's well-versed in Thai and Filipino, but when it comes to K-town I'm lost. I'll keep wandering and wondering, though. I've never met a Korean dish I didn't like. 
Hangari Bajirak Kalgooksoo Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment