Monday, January 22, 2018

Poke Bar - Torrance


I... I don't understand. Somewhere between Torrance and El Segundo, something changed for the much MUCH better. I don't know why and I don't know how, but I've gone from boycotting PokeBar to becoming a legitimate fan.


So far, I've only been to El Segundo and Torrance, and in Torrance they do the poke right. The salmon is fresh, and the tuna is light and lean. The spicy tuna is dense with a dash of sriracha-spice, and even the octopus is in more manageable in edible little niblets. Anything goes with spicy mayo, but the mayo here enhances rather than masks. It's just the right amount of small-burn, and they mix a precise proportion. There are plenty of toppings and veggies to make the poke pop, but I'm a minimalist so just the masago will do. The side of crab salad is fine, the seaweed salad is good, and I haven't tried the pickled cucumbers yet but they look pretty tempting. 

Customized poke with fresh fish in generous scoops, just 2 miles away. Sounds too good to be true, but PokeBar Torrance just made that dream real.

No comments:

Post a Comment