Monday, October 10, 2016

FIN - Culver City


How do you spell Asian fusion? B-a-d. Anything that's good has been done to death, and anything that hasn't been done has probably been done very poorly and died a deserving death. This is my mentality as I walk into FIN.

At first glance, FIN seems fine. I start at happy hour, and nothing puts a smile on my face like one heck of a deal.


I start carefully, with a neutral Baked Crab Roll, curls of clean crab wrapped simply in soy paper. It's not my favorite, but I also find no fault.



The Japanese Ceviche sounds fun, and it gets an A for Albacore.


Encouraged by the ceviche, my meal gets a little more raw, and wow, that sashimi has some sass.


Spunky citrus breathes life into expertly-sliced Yuzu Yellowtail Sashimi.



Each slice of the Citrus Truffle Salmon Sashimi is skillfully slim, but the flavor is anything but. The salmon is sweet and smooth, punctuated by shavings of pungent black truffle. The citrus strikes a balance, adding a new dimension of taste.



Tuna Jalapeno Crispy Rice is a fusion staple, and this one sets the standards high. The shell lets out a satisfying crackle as it gives way to soft center, meshing with the malleable chopped tuna on top. The rice mollifies the spice, a salve for a jalapeno burn.


The ambiance is appealing, the cocktails make you converse, and the food is can keep you coming. I had serious doubts about FIN, but maybe I was wrong. After all; all cynicism aside, FIN is just pure fun.
FIN Culver City Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment