Sunday, February 16, 2014

After Midnight at Myung Dong - Los Angeles


When two or more girls go to the bathroom at the same time, it's considered normal. When two or more guys go to the bathroom at the same time, there's a very limited number of places you can be. Before my butt even touched my chair at Myung Dong, I knew I was in one of THOSE places...Two guys were carrying a clearly struggling third. Annnnd that's how you know you're at an Asian restaurant at 2 AM.


I was driving so I was stone-cold sober, but you don't have to be drunk to enjoy the food. But you do have to be a little thick-skinned to tolerate the crowd at 2 AM, unlike the Pork and Shrimp Dumplings. These little balls of thin, chewy skin encase a surprisingly fluffy center of meat laced with chives.


The Galbi was a bit of a splurge, but that salty-sweet sauce says it all. Served on a sizzling platter, a mere scent will set you salivating.

I usually don't go out at night, and the rowdiness here reminds me of why. But if I have to stumble upon anything at 2AM, Myung Dong is one of my better stumbles. No disappointing dishes here except maybe the excessively garlicky Kimchee, which put quite the damper on my...after-party. Then again, despite my breath becoming a lethal weapon for the entire following week, I'll never regret Myung Dong after midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment