Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Salt & Straw - Los Angeles

I love Salt & Straw. I love it even more without the line out the door, and Thursday 2 PM is the time to GO! 


It's already hard to walk by the small-batch chocolate they're featuring, and it's even harder to try just three samples. Girlfriend decides Orange County Honey Rocky Road is the one. It's a nutty chocolate with a honey finish, a sweeter spin on sweet, sweet classic.

My third sample is for funsies - I've been dying to try this infamous Bone Marrow and Cherry ice cream...Oh what fresh hell is this?! I hate it and I am so impressed! A unique flavor profile for sure, greasy and meaty on the finish despite being made of milk. All sorts of smoky and strange with a touch of fruit at the end. Oh man, this is like a man-bun. It's not for me, nor should it be for most people, but unlike the man-bun it's a perspective worth sharing that I'm glad I got to see. 


All ice cream tastes better inside a giant waffle cone, IMO. This Roasted Strawberry and White Chocolate is dense and creamy with the occasional gooey-berry clump.

I love ice cream, but I don't think all flavors are suitable for ice cream, and there are many creative ones that I definitely don't want in a cone. I love Salt & Straw for this; they're not afraid to challenge my perception of what ice cream should be, and whatever they make, they make incredibly well, whether or not it caters to my whimsy. There's not a single thing they do that I don't madly respect, and I'll be back even if the salted caramel is the only thing I'll eat. 
Salt & Straw Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment