Saturday, October 20, 2018

Coco Ichibanaya - Torrance


There's a ton of sushi in Torrance, and lots of place serve things on skewers and barbecue. But if you're craving curry, you don't have a lot of choices.

I don't know much about Japanese curries so I had some help. They recommended pork because it's the most popular, and I love this gravy-textured golden slurry or a curry. It's savory inside, but the curry powder keeps it sharp. The roux is reduced carefully so it thickens but doesn't congeal. It's already pretty spicy but there's plenty of room to add. I can handle the base, but one or two above is the best I can do. 


My first combo is my favorite. The chicken katsu is crunchy with panko, and it's the perfect golden brown. The curry clings to it, and the vegetables are an additional add-on. The potatoes, green beans, and carrots are soft and perfectly cooked, and they're pretty essential to break up the rich curry and katsu.


The pork katsu is a bit denser but still tender. This curry turns darker with an add-on of tofu and okra. Same purpose as the veggies, and okra isn't for everyone, but I love the stuff. 

I've been trying to make it to Coco for a while now. It's conveniently close, and their curries come out quick and easy. Their efficiency in no way reflects the amount of effort, I'm certain. Their food is very polished, even in a plastic container, and it's a great meal of comfort-food, especially if you're craving something soupy and wholesome on a colder day. 
Coco Ichibanya Curry House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment