Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Jogasaki Truck – Los Angeles


Q: What could possibly be better than a sushi roll?
A: A bigger sushi roll.



This month’s special Spider Burrito was the biggest sushi roll I’d ever seen. Loaded with crunchy soft-shell, sweet crab, and soft avocado balanced by cool cucumber and quick crunches of yamagobo, this combination is so rich you barely notice the rice around it, and the thin, slightly chewy soy paper ties it up nicely without interfering with the flavors.

I thought Jogaski Truck had snorted a little too much wasabi when I saw a sign for sushi, especially sushi you catch as it falls out of the side of a truck. But I had to try it. As did the 20 people in line in front of me. I have no regrets. And neither does my GI tract. Clearly they’re onto something.

Q: What could possibly be more awesome than this sushi burrito?
A: Nothing! Except maybe the eclectic collection of culture at Chinatown Summer Nights where I had it!

No comments:

Post a Comment