Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Country Touch Café – Torrance


Everyone needs a touch of country in their lives, but I wouldn’t go to Country Touch unless you’re looking for a little more south than that. Then again, if it’s culture you’re looking for, the menu cooks up everything from grilled cheese to beef bulgolgi, a touch of at least two very different countries. If nothing else, I knew when I saw the menu that I needed a taste of whatever was inside this California melting pot.


There’s always a reason a restaurant has regulars, and I spotted at least three tables’ worth on a weekday morning. And once I got my French Toast with sausage and egg, I figured out why. Country Touch Café is literally your kitchen and your cooking away from home, minus the labor and the dirty dishes. My French toast was overly egged, just like the stuff I fry up when my bread and eggs are expiring and I’m out of Challah. The Jimmy Dean-esque sausage tasted fresh out of my freezer box on a griddle greasier than my Foreman grill, and I swear I flipped that same egg over-easy yesterday.

Country Touch Café has all the comfort of home cooking, and the clever little sayings that decorate their walls provide endless amusement, but I can’t bring myself to recommend it. There’s nothing wrong with the food, and I always say the best meals are homemade, but why pay someone else for food I make when I’m not even trying?

No comments:

Post a Comment