Thursday, August 15, 2013

Because the Best Meals Are Cooked at My Auntie's Home...

What's the point of a food blog if you can't showcase the best meals you've ever had? One of the best meals I've ever had didn't cost me a thing because apparently my auntie is one of SoCal's best chefs. And if my auntie didn't live way out in Diamond Bar, I'd have to quit blogging because I'd never go out to eat again. I won't bore you with too many details of food you can't have, but my auntie's cooking, though it's far from fine dining, does deserve this spread.

I've had plenty of Shumai in my time but I've never seen these tasty little pockets of stuffed with ground pork and sticky rice.

It's just chicken with boring green beans, right? Wrong! Homemade smoked chicken permeates the garden-fresh green beans for a fantastic flavor. 

We don't do sesame chicken. Americans do sesame chicken. We do spicy chicken wings with...well...I don't know what sauce used, but I do know it's addictive...

She can do smoked and she can do savory. She can do hearty as well. Here's a hearty soup with pork rib and corn.

Fish with sour cabbage stew sounds like so many bad ideas, but not when it's hot and sour...


This is quail or cornish hen. Not sure which one because my Chinese is just that bad. All I know is that it's beautifully braised, so like you should do with everything else on this table, don't ask questions, shut up and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment