Thursday, April 11, 2024

Creative Crepes & More - Lake Tahoe, CA

I try not to get too political, but there's been a lot of buzz lately about how the younger generations "don't want to work." If you're trying to understand why, just come here on a weekday and it will all be crystal clear. 

One young lady commands the counter, alone against the long line of patient customers. She takes the payments and makes each crepe or waffle to order, and it's not a quick process by any means. The credit card swipe stops working properly so she's forced to enter every card by hand or take the time to count out change. I asked her where her coworkers and managers were and she quietly tells me that the manager lives 30 minutes away and therefore "has difficulty commuting" so they just told her to unplug the credit card machine and plug it back in. (This has not worked after 4 attempts and they are aware of that). The owner lives "all the way in Reno", one hour away, and therefore can't show up (???). There hasn't been serious snow at all, and though I don't know the details, I'm not sure how any business can justify this utter refusal to provide any aid to their hard-working employees. 

So they make crepes. The wait was so long that I couldn't take photos because my kid was falling apart. I kept it simple with the BSC, which could have used a bit more of everything. Not bad though, especially considering everything was being made under duress. 

The Basic liege waffle is delicious with its sugar-batter, but be prepared - it's a lot smaller than you'd expect for a waffle. 

The food is fine and the service is as well, considering the circumstances but I will never come back here because I can't feel good supporting this business. That poor young lady was clearly not supported at all, and it's just not okay that they treat their employees this way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment