Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Van's Bakery - Garden Grove


I'll take any excuse to get Vietnamese food in Garden Grove, but the opportunities are rare. Not enough to do for a daytrip and too long a drive for just a meal.

Pageant of the Masters is my excuse; Garden Grove presents a small inland detour between the beaches Redondo and Laguna. 

Van's Bakery is a random stopover, a small place in a large complex, just a chance to get some macarons. 


Never again. They're terrible. The Pistachio tastes like...something. Something nondescript and green. Is there a reason all the fillings have the texture of mucus? The Green Tea is bitter but a little better, and the Earl Grey is just gray sludge. The Raspberry is a generic berry goop, and the Passion is fake-ly sour, nothing passionate except my gag reflex. The Taro...well, that one just tastes like slime. Mouthfuls of disappointment but I just keep munching, hoping that each bite will be better than the last.

Some bakeries can make macarons. Van's makes crackers with goopy fillings. Their have plenty of Asian desserts and snacks so I'm sure there's something edible in the building, but I will be getting my macarons elsewhere...GAG.
Van's Bakery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment