Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Wild River Grille - Reno, Nevada


Massive plate of sausage for breakfast, followed by a massive side of biscuits and gravy. Literally one hour later, it's time for lunch. 

Despite the view of the river and a pretty little bridge whose construction was once the talk of the town, my appetite is next to none.


The Cheese Plate is about all I can stomach, and this plate has a little bit from all the cheese groups. There are crumbly logs of a softer cheese, emboldened by interspersed mustard seed. Classic brie goes with all the fruit, spread across a water cracker, jamming with fig and local honey. A round of sweet chevre crusted with nuts goes nuts when paired with candied pecans. 


Mahi Mahi Tacos are not exciting, but they sure are fun. A thicker mango salsa drips into the grill lines on the fish, and the pico adds a lightens the generous chunks of fresh fish. 

Wild River Grille has clear potential, and it's unfortunate that I was too full to enjoy their more substantial meals. But I do like their food, and for sure their food is fuel. 

I need all the power I can get for my afternoon climb of America's highest wall. On to the next adventure!
Wild River Grille Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment