Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Smitten Ice Cream - El Segundo


I am smitten with Smitten. Said no one ever. Pretty sure Yelp is full of all sorts of puns. 

My feelings for Smitten are real. They are pure, and as meticulously-churned as their creamy, cold perfection. I like big bowls and I cannot lie. We were waffling about springing for the waffle bowls, but these bowled us over. They're baked to a level of undeniable perfection, and they're a lot less messy than a cone.


I've been trying to check out Smitten for months. It's hard to make it work with my hectic schedule, but honey, you have to make thyme for the things that matter. The Honey Thyme ice cream matters a lot. It's honey sweetly interrupted by a mildly minty thyme. Glad I gave that one the thyme of day. 


It really teas me off that don't let you mix flavors. Then again, the Earl Gray is such a smooth tease that I don't mind having both scoops at all. I don't support adding sugar to tea, but the brown sugar caramel sauce on top is reminiscent of southern sweet ice tea.

Smitten can't be beat if you're trying to beat the heat. Made-to-order, churned on the spot ice cream has a frozen freshness that shows. It is so much sweeter, so much creamier, so much smoother than any other ice cream you've ever had. Consider me smitten with Smitten!
Smitten Ice Cream Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment