Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Breakfast Bar - Long Beach


I've been reading a lot of overly-preachy health and fitness blogs lately. I've learned a lot from them. I've learned that I shouldn't skip breakfast, that I shouldn't eat right before I go to bed, and I've learned that I should stop reading overly-preachy health and fitness blogs.

I do not eat breakfast, and on the rare occasion that I do, it's rarely before 11 AM. I'm not encouraging this, nor do I condone it, but this is how I roll. 

Breakfast Bar supports me. Everything is deliciously enabling, but all the best things here are best consumed for brunch.


I don't know anyone who can stomach Chicken n' Waffles before 11 AM. The breading is a thin, continuous crisp, a salty delight on moist, giant wings. They're a big bite of unhealthy heaven stacked with a sweet, toasty waffle and syrup. I love all three saucy options; the standard syrup, the sugary cream cheese icing, and the sausage gravy in southern style.


Eggs Papi
, come to mommy! The sourdough is airy and grill-kissed, the sausage is savory, and the eggs are perfectly-poached. Hollandaise adds a layer of indulgence and keeps the other elements in check. Love this spin on the Benedict, but I may love the latke more.


I propose a toast to all the guilty pleasures, to starting the day on the right side of the breakfast table. To waking up with an Irish Coffee in hand or a Peach Belini and a pinky curled. Here's to you Breakfast Bar. I'll be back for breakfast or brunch, and health blogs be damned, I'll eat anything on your menu.
The Breakfast Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment