Monday, April 25, 2016

Ichimi-An - Torrance


I've been so fixated on ramen that I've burnt out entirely. I can barely appreciate kotteri beyond a few bites, though it's still hard to turn down a good bowl of chashu.


What I really can't turn down is a good bowl of soba. The small, modest Ichimi-An serves the best soba in town, savior of my noodle-palate. Ichimi-An's housemade buckwheat noodles are as chewy as Sour Punch Straws, and they drip and dip in a simple cold broth. Add a side of Mochi Tempura too, and the combination of crispy, rice-y, and al dente is all you'll ever need. With soba so good, I never want for more...except I can never resist throwing in a rice bowl. The Spicy Tuna is fun, fresh, and sophisticated with just a bit of burn.



The Oyako bowl is a hot and hearty contrast to a light and refreshing Cold Soba. The chicken and egg both came first for a fluffy omelet-feel.



Tempura Oroshi is heavier but a classic not to be missed. Crispy shrimp and beautifully battered slices of sweet potato and kabocha go just as well with Zaru.


The zaru soba is a startling reminder of just how much I've underrated soba. The dipping noodles are heavenly, with or without a highlight of broth. Simple yet simply perfect...a perfect summary of Ichimi-An. Ichimi-an Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment