Saturday, April 30, 2016

El Burrito Junior - Redondo Beach


I lived two blocks from LBJ for over a year, and I never went, not even once. I had serious misgivings about a tortilla shack that looked like a Taco Bell without the indoor seating, but wow was I wrong.


For starters, the food is FABULOUS. The Carne Asada Plate probably has more grease than the engine of my car, but they hide it really well. No oily coating, just flavor and savor. Grainy strips of marinated beef mesh with the rice and beans, and even the rice is exceptional. I always pay extra for one more cool scoop of guac. It rivals Chipotle and comes at half the cost.


The carne asada is good, but the Carnitas Plate is even better, a carnal companion to Netflix and beer. And damn, this platter hits the spot. Soft braised strips slide apart with the slightest flick of the fork, and the chewy tortillas turn the whole mess into a burrito deconstructed.

Well that'll teach me to be a snob. I waited a whole year to enjoy these plates, and it's clearly my loss entirely. Some food is meant to be fast and fabulous, and the price:deliciousness ratio at El Burrito Jr is anything but junior.
El Burrito Jr. Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment