Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Beachwood Brewing & BBQ - Long Beach


I'm getting married in Long Beach, and I can't think of a more fitting place.  Long Beach exudes an effortless happiness with a side of calm content, which is exactly what I hope for in our easy-breezy life together.



The wedding wouldn't be complete without an open bar, and I'm hoping mine can feature a Beer Flight like this. That's What She Said is my tagline so I had to try it. It errs close to the classic Belgian, not memorable but really, really pleasant. The LBC IPA is a hippy hoppy pale ale, also classic but really, really well-done. The Hop Vader is far more memorable, dark and bold. And holy Wholly Smoke! A dark punch of porter shoots smoke right up your nose.




My wedding will be simple, but I hope it will have touches of character, classic with a personal edge. Like the Scotch Pickled Eggs. Now THAT's a classic with character. The eggs have a touch of brine neutralized by a crust of duck sausage breading and tangy mustard dip.




The Tater Tot Casserole is tried-and-true, but few casseroles ring truer. There is an optional duck confit add-on which shouldn't be an option. These savory, fatty shreds of duck mesh with softly smoked cheese curds for a creamy gravy emulsion that soaks through every crispy tot.




I've always dreamed of a barbecue wedding, and I hope the ribs taste like Beachwood's. That full slab of smoky and saucy Baby Back Ribs was finger-lickin' good, and I want some of whatever they're smoking. The side of Smoked Asparagus was incredibly dense with a delightfully lingering taste of ash and charcoal.


For a preview of my wedding, look no further than Beachwood Brewing. Beautifully breezy, casual and calm, hopefully how our day will go. The high ceiling and bright decor are energetic without being overwhelming. I'd get married in this very brewery if the Earl Miller Burns Japanese Garden weren't so pretty.
Beachwood BBQ and Brewing Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment