Wednesday, September 6, 2023

NYC - Day 3


The day of decadence start simply enough, with an iced coffee in the NYPL cafe. 

It’s also the day of books, starting at the Polonsky Exhibit. 

Lovely collection, most boring photos ever. 


It’s hard to get too excited about a piece of paper, even if it is the Declaration of Independence or the Bill of Rights. 


There are also some physically impressive treasures like Dickens’s desk.


And the toys that inspired Winnie the Pooh. 


Shakespeare is always sought-after,


and I’m just tickled about getting to see more than one Gutenberg Bible in a single day. 


I got pooped on while putting on makeup in front of the NYPL. This is at least the 4th time in my life this has happened, though this time my phone took all the damage. This is supposed to be good luck I’m told, but I see nothing lucky about whatever pigeons are carrying. 


Boy, do I NOT miss the pigeons. These are hardened city-birds, every single one mangy and missing a few toes, pecking at a sewer. I mean, LOOK at this thing omg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment