Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Langer's Delicatessen - Los Angeles

An LA legend on the bucket list, finally checked off and done. 


One and done, I think. I liked it a lot, but I'm just not sure I loved it. Their pastrami is what they say it is, a tender, almost-buttery, melt-in-your-mouth meat-pile, but the #19 was suppressed by so much coleslaw. Hubby loved the slaw, and I do think it lightens the fat as it should, but the too-much-too-rich is the entire reason you're there. Kudos, though, for making the only rye bread I've ever not hated. 


I preferred the #54 - Hot Pastrami & Corned Beef. You can taste the pastrami, and the corned beef is truly no less tender. Just a little bit of mustard to showcase their two best meats. 

Maybe it's nostalgia, maybe it's something more, but I miss Second Avenue Deli, and Langer's can't compete. But it's been a long time since I've dug into a Twin Double, so maybe it's only my memories that taste better than Langer's hot pastrami. 

No comments:

Post a Comment