Monday, March 11, 2019

Vua Bun Bo - Westminster

My newest food obsession: Bo Bun Hue


I thought I was starting to understand the mysteries of Vietnamese cuisine when I had my first bowl of pho, but even that broth of wonders barely scratches the surface. Westminster and Garden Grove opened a brave new world of skinny noodles, fantastic spring rolls, and epic sandwiches I never could have imagined. But none of that comes remotely close to bo bun hue. This murky, multidimensional broth isn’t just a new ballgame, it’s in a ballpark of its own. 

Vua Bun Bo serves steaming bowls of the bo, and I’m eager to experience it again in this casual strip-mall kitchen.

Squeamish eaters beware, this noodle joint is the real deal, and if you’re looking to play it safe with slices of steak, this place is not for you. This authentic meats aren’t pretty, and it’s intimidating if you’re not used to offal. 

Savory cubes of jellied pork blood and compressed pork cakes add a subtle savor to enhance the broth. They collaborate with slices of shank and a naked pork leg-bone brings out the umami and carry the spice. A quick squeeze of lime adds the acid. 


It’s a good bowl of warm-you-to-your-core comfort, but it gets better still. For just three dollars, you can add a sizable side of Bone Marrow, and it adds an element of rich, buttery fat to every bite. 

If you want to try Vua Bun Bo, come quickly! This good quality at this low price can’t possibly be sustainable, and I’m starting to see bowls of bone marrow in my dreams.
vua bun bo Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment