Saturday, March 2, 2019

Kilauea Bakery UPDATE - Kilauea, HI


I love you, Kilauea, and your little bakery too. The lighthouse is magic, there are breathtaking birds and beaches...but really, I'm just here for the pastries.


Grandpa got a slice of sausage pizza, grandson got a slice of Cheese. The cheese is abundant on a thin-crust, and one slice is more than enough for a main meal.


I'm Italianed out, but they have a lot of choices for lighter fare. Grandma loved the bagel with olive tapenade, and their list of soups was enticing. I'm gnawing on a Roll full of salty ham, a bit of cheese, and plenty of potato. It gets bigger than it looks when you eat it.  


Their main attraction is their pastries, and their glass case houses a plethora of spectacular sweets. We have to try 
another Mac Nut Sticky Bun, and I'm nuts about these nuts. The Mango Bread Pudding is a new adventure, a fluffy, fruity, puff of wet bread and air, sweet but not sugary, textured for pleasure. The Vegan Chocolate Tart has a breadfruit crust, like a softer crumble-crust with a finish like a barely-jackfruit infusion, cushioning a rich cocoa silk.

I can count on one hand the Kauai restaurants I would want to visit again, and Kilauea Bakery is one I would visit again and again. The food on this island isn't exactly the biggest bang for your buck, but this bakery certainly is. 
Kilauea Bakery & Pau Hana Pizza Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment