Thursday, March 15, 2018

La Creperia UPDATE - Tulum, Mexico

I knew I belonged here when the owner handed me my crepe. There is an adorably creative cat tattoo on her arm, and her eyes go endearingly wide and her face lights up when I ask her about it. "I LOVE cats!" she declares, with a sweeping gesture of affection towards the 4 cats that occupy empty chairs in her shop. 


That's when I know that in La Creperia, sipping my cat-infused Iced Latte, is exactly where I'm meant to be.

They know how to brew a great cup of coffee, iced or hot, but not everyone wants to be caffeinated all day. The Mint Lemonade glows an enticing green, and the tart lemonade coalesces with cool mint for a daytime refresh.


I love all the tacos, and I love all the burritos. And I love all the lunch plates. Bring on the beef, pork, and chicken most of the time, but once in a while it's nice to just have a simple sandwich. The White Sandwich is a panini-pressed, crispy-on-the-outside, soft-and-chewy-within foccacia fencing fibrous mozzarella, lunch-meat ham, and lettuce. A simple cafe classic, this one really hits the spot sometimes.


I prefer the crepes. Their fruit & nutella crepes are always winners, but the Butter & Sugar is the best. A paper-thin pancake and a liquid layer of buttery sugar is good I could eat another. I didn't eat another. I ate two others that day...and the next.

La Creperia has a diversity of offerings, but they clearly specialize in sweets. They make the most delightful tarts, a fresh n' fruity Strawberry, and a rich, smooth Nutella, both with a perfect firm crust.

There's something special about this place, and I could sit here all day. The air is warm and inviting, and their simple but hearty cafe comforts make some of the best and most affordable breakfasts, brunches, and lunches around. Tulum has a lot of great food options, but I could eat here any day and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment