Sunday, March 25, 2018

El Capitan - Tulum, Mexico


Two doors down from diving, we came on a strong recommendation from David (our Coba guide), but mostly because we didn't have to hail yet another cab. 


I just had a midlife crisis in the middle of the dive shop, so I'm looking for something safe. Guacamole is always good in Tulum, and I love my creamy, ripeness-peak smashed-up avocado and chips. A classic that never gets old, unlike the brand-new booty-bearing Brazilian-cut bikini burning a hole in my bag. This perfect place of guacamole probably sounds boring in comparison, but believe me, these flavors are anything butt.


More adventurous is the Ceviche Mixto, a vinegar-cooked jumble of succulent shrimp, tender octopus, and fish so pristine it tastes fresh-caught. We opted for the non-spicy because I'm weak, but a droplet of their habanero sauce spices things up to a bearable level, and each bite is seafood heaven.


We took a chance on a Coctel Mixto considering neither of us likes tomato. But this isn't any tomato-y tussle, this is a sweet, so-refreshing-it's-drinkable glass of shrimp and octopus that have soaked up the sun from that vine-ripe tomato. 

To think we picked this place for proximity! The joke's on us and it's our loss ever time we don't visit El Capitan. They're right up there with El Camello Jr for ceviche, and I think they're even better. Best ceviche in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment