Thursday, November 12, 2015

Cinnamon's Restaurant - Kailua, Hawaii



Breakfast is the most important meal of the day...especially when it's served at noon.


I can't think of a righter way to start the day than the Kalua Pork Eggs Benedict. The slow-roasted shredded pork is hot-and-heavy as smooth as the hollandaise sauce on top, and this combination will have you eating long after you're full.


The Guava Chiffon Pancakes may be the worst breakfast for those who slept in, but they're probably the best breakfast I've ever had. Sweet, fruity, and neon-pink  with a batter so light I swear it's whipped from cream, you'll inhale the whole stack and slip into carb coma before you can say "Pass the coconut syrup".


At least you can try to walk it off as you pace around outside because as far as I can see, this place is forever full. A hardcore Harry Potter theme adds a cheerful eccentricity, charming like the Corn Pancakes with Blueberries, which actually taste like they could come from Hogwarts. Cornmeal adds character and savor punctuated with berry-burst. 

Cinnamon's is bright and sweet with an unspeakable charisma I can't begin to describe. I don't get the Harry Potter theme but I like it, and the painstaking attention to decorating detail definitely comes through in the food. If I could eat one meal in Hawaii, this one would be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment