Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Malibu Seafood Fresh Fish Market & Patio Cafe UPDATE - Malibu


I love Malibu Seafood and that love has me entirely biased. To be honest, I think my last review was more generous than my usual because of just how fond I am of this unassuming seafood shack. But I was appalled when Thrillist declared Malibu Seafood the #10 best restaurant on PCH. 


For starters, Malibu Seafood is ordinary at best. They feature hit-the-spot items like the Scallop Sandwich, but these items are far from special. The sandwich is stuffed full of golden fried scallops but it could have done without the grocery-store bun and a slice of not-quite-quality cheese.


Did I enjoy every chilled little nubbin in the Scallop Ceviche of the day? Absolutely. Could I have done without all the tomato? Probably but that's just my personal preference. Did I love it enough to declare it a must-try? No way. The truth is, I probably could have made it myself.


Same goes for the Fried Oysters. Their thick, crude breading just asks to be berated, and it's glorified fast food all the way.

Despite this grimly realistic depiction of what Malibu Seafood has to offer, it still gets a fond thumbs up from me, especially if I BYOB. You can't beat the location and you can't beat the view, but if this is #10 on PCH, the location probably doesn't have much else to offer.

Click to add a blog post for Malibu Seafood on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment